Monday, May 25, 2009

Hello World,

Comment ca-va? France is still beautiful. We've had a couple amazing thunder storms, one with awesome huge hailstones.

The other day I got to see the old castle of William the Conquerer. It's pretty awesome. Lots of beautiful old ruins and stuff. The walls are half broken down and you can see the outlines of the palace, and the moat is still there. It's great.

The same day we went to the big market in Caen. It was great. I bought this great long skirt and a beautiful little coverup so that I can wear my dresses here (whoever thought that France would be more modest... I guess Paris is the opposite, but I can't even wear pants to church).

Ummm.... I start class in two days. I'm extremely excited for that. Believe it or not, France can be a tad bit boring when you live in a little town that's less open than Sioux Center. I've done lots of walking on the beach and stuff. There are so many shells here. None of them are broken. There were these amazing guys playing ping pong without a table on the beach.

I've discovered the wonderful world of pain au chocolate. It's absolutley delicious. You guys should try it next time you're in France. It's like bread, only more like a croissant, with chocolate baked into the middle.

Talk to you later!

(I'm sure I've done more than that, but..... I can't remember. I'll post masses of photos when I can get my computer on the internet. Maybe in Paris or something.)

A bientot!

2 comments:

  1. "You guys should try it next time you're in France." Ouais, mlle. Will do.

    I'm glad you're loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bon nuit, cherie! Ca va?? We miss you and love you and always check your blog. Wonder how those first classes went...ENjoy the seashells and beaches and dresses and baguettes. You are wrapped in our love and prayers.
    Love Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete