Friday, May 22, 2009

I made it

Guess what! I'm living in France, whoever would have thought. It's pretty amazing. I can look out my window and see the ocean and walk a whole block and buy fresh baguettes in the morning. Sorry if I have typos. I'm trying to learn to type on a French keyboard. It's interesting.

Lets just say I fell in love with France when I looked out of the window and realised that the fields aren't in strait lines. Very much cooler than Iowa. I took pictures, but I can't get internet on my computer, so I won't be putting too many picture up. I might put on a bunch one day.

So, I share a room with two girls. One from Indiana and one from Tenesee. They're very fun. On the way here from the airport we stopped a Ginervy (Monet's house). He had the most beautiful gardens. Again... photos one day :) Maybe in Paris I'll get internet. You can walk around and see all the scenes from his paintings. It's very fun.

Today we went to Honfleur. Its also just really beautiful. I loved it. We got a little boat tour and walked around all day. There was an awesome little carousel near the harbour. All the houses are tall and skinny and stuff. Its so cute.

Its not really real that I'm here. I'm sure that one day I'll wake up and think. Oh, I'm really in France! But so far it feels like I'm on vacation in an art museum and I'm just looking at the whole thing.

Anyways, I'll update some day. Enjoy North America for me.

Oh PS - our toilet paper is pink. Its awesome.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it safe!

    blessings, friend.

    SK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eryn,
    it's your littlest sister. I read your blog and it sounds like your having a great time there. I love you so much and I miss you already. Nice toilet paper. The kittens have definetly grown and soon they'll have to go:( Have fun, don't get fat on the food,
    love, Andi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ocean view? phenomenal!
    daily fresh baguettes? awesome!
    learning even more french! c'est la vie!

    okay, I'm a dork. I'm happy for you.

    Love,
    Mrs. Sjaarda

    ReplyDelete